- Rust: I’ve been wanting to learn Rust for a while, even got started on a little program that I use in production. I don’t think I’ll get back to it before the second edition of Programming Rust is published.
- Elixir: Another language I’ve been eying for a while (I still have an old Erlang book from 10 years ago).
- Kafka: I have a project in mind for this: a website that people upload a .pgn file together with their email address to with a pi running stockfish that sends some kind of game analysis to people’s inboxes.
- Advanced SQL: Since I used Mongo for my personal projects in the past, my SQL knowledge isn’t as strong as I would like.
- Kotlin/Spring: Maybe this could replace TypeScript/Koa as my default service framework.
- Clojure: I’ve wanted to learn LISP properly since reading SICP in my uni years.
- AWS: I might get a chance to use AWS at work soon.
- SwiftUI: Maybe. I’ve always enjoyed mobile programming and SwiftUI looks pretty similar to React in many ways. This one will depend on how much longer React Native will stay usable.